Introduction to Amazon Web Services from a data science perspective. Participants learn how to use some of the services specific to data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
The workshop comprises four segments
- Introduction to AWS core services for compute, data storage, and access management.
- Hands-on exercise with Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR) for parallel and scalable processing with Apache Spark.
- Hands-on exercise with Amazon SageMaker, a suite of tools to build, train, and deploy machine learning models.
- Demonstration of pre-trained AWS AI services for text, image, and video analysis.
- Create an AWS account (if you don’t have one already)
- Install the AWS command line tool on your computer (you should also have Python installed)
- Instructions for Windows https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/install-windows.html
- Instructions for macOS https://docs.aws.amazon.com/cli/latest/userguide/install-macos.html